Valuation Catalyst automates elements of the valuation appraisal. It seamlessly pulls data from BvD's products to find peer companies and historical comparable deals. This data is then pushed through a variety of models to give a range of valuations.
Valuation Catalyst also gives you access to a huge breadth of information on private company transactions and financial data.
How it helps you
Valuation Catalyst has been developed in-house by BvD with valuable input and advice from experts at Cass Business School, University of London. It incorporates a variety of Add-in and Web Services technology that links the models, spreadsheets and BvD products.
Using this new product you can take advantage of the significant technical expertise resulting in this labour-saving tool, with no development time from your company. You can also
- do each valuation in less time
- do far more valuations in the same time - liberating your time to add value elsewhere
- link immediately back to the source data
- reduce your risk of error as data input is minimised
- view a range of valuations, with various growth scenarios and model types, from the same query
- use reputable data
- adapt valuations according to your knowledge of the subject company and your expertise by editing default options and overriding data
- show your workflow and create an archive
- manage your valuations process and reporting more efficiently
- source private company financials and transactions to add depth to your valuations
Valuation Catalyst has a range of models:
- Net Asset Value
- Discounted Cash Flow (DCF)
- Earnings Yield
- Dividend Growth
- Trading Multiples
- Transaction multiples
You can easily edit data for "what if" scenarios or to incorporate your knowledge of a company. Your edits are clearly marked.
You can look at each peer company or historical deal to determine whether you want to include it or not in your analysis. You can also adjust the search strategy to find these comparables.