Moody’s Analytics BankFocus has been significantly improved, including changes to reflect the new IFRS9 accounting standard, introduced by the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) this year.
The changes have been introduced to provide greater granularity and clarity. They affect the Global Detailed and WVB IFRS National As Published templates in Moody’s Analytics BankFocus. The updates to financial line items in BankFocus are summarized below.
New line items:
- IFRS9 new line items
- non-performing loans as reported by the bank
- pension and related reserves line item has been added to the balance sheet: equity section to provide more granularity (previously they were included under “Other” reserves)
- staff benefits fund and related reserves
Consolidation of several existing line items, including:
- liquid assets (including available for sale and held to maturity)
- total equity (including hybrid capital)
- pre-impairment operating profit
- total financial assets: securities
- total off-balance sheet exposure
Several revisions to existing line items, including:
- interest income on cash and balances with central banks
- capital ratios
- certificate of deposits and bank overdraft
BankFocus is updated every quarter.
You might be interested in:
Moody’s Analytics BankFocus can help you to research and analyze banks, for counterparty credit risk, portfolio analysis, regulatory reporting and anti-money laundering due diligence.
BankFocus combines renowned content from Bureau van Dijk and Moody's Investors Service with expertise from Moody's Analytics, and offers you a range of access and analysis options including a contemporary interface and integrated workflow solutions.