Our Orbis database is the most powerful, comparable data resource on private companies. It covers information on more than 200 million companies from around the world, and includes data on financials, directors and corporate ownership structures. Using Orbis you can be certain of a lot more.
Last year it got a new interface that makes working with company information much faster.
There are lots of ways we could demonstrate this. But we've chosen to focus on seven in this short video.
Here's a summary of seven ways you could work faster with new Orbis:
1. Favourite search criteriaMost of us use the same search criteria all the time. Now it's simple to add a search to your favourites – then it's easy to find and ready for your next Orbis session.
2. Instant currency switchWe know that you want to look at financial data in different currencies. Now you can do it in one click for instant results.
3. Simple alerting so you can monitorMonitoring companies is an important function of Orbis. Now you can do it really quickly – and you can view and manage your alerts easily too.
4. Quick view of a companyOur new profiles mean you get an instant impression of key facts. And they're easy to navigate and edit.
5. Random sorting and samplingYou might not need to create a random sample often, but when you do, you can now do it in seconds.
6. Pivot analysisIf you want to analyse a group of companies, our pivot analysis does it for you. It's just like an analysis in Excel. We've created some templates – or you can create your own.
7. Corporate ownership explorerWe've added powerful visualisation to our corporate structures. You can also create filters to analyse the structures, using colours and shapes to help you interpret your analysis.
Watch the short video
Already an Orbis user?
If you're already an Orbis user, you can switch to the new platform by logging in as usual and clicking on the link in the top left, or by visiting http://orbis4.bvdinfo.com. (You can switch back to the old view at any time.)