Orbis is the world’s most powerful comparable data resource on private companies
Use Orbis to research more than 360 million companies across all countries. It’s the resource for private company data.
We carefully capture a wide variety of information, then we treat, append and standardize it to make it richer, more powerful and easier to compare and interrogate.
In fact, we capture and treat data from 160 separate providers, and hundreds of our own sources, to create Orbis.
The financial reports are detailed and comparable, and comprise:
- 26 balance sheet items
- 26 profit and loss account items
- 33 standard ratios
- public and private company data – including banks and insurance companies
- detailed business overviews, with cross-referenced industry codes and links to company websites
- M&A deals and rumours
- extensive corporate ownership structures and beneficial ownership information
- links between individuals, director profiles, boards and committees
- original documents including filed annual accounts
Research individual companies
Orbis is the ideal tool to verify a company exists and to source company reports – you’re much more likely to find a company report on Orbis than on any other company database.
Search for companies that fulfil your criteria
With hundreds of search criteria you can find companies fulfilling very precise profiles.
Identify and analyze peer groups
Finding peer groups and comparing companies against each other is quick and easy.
Get graphs, dynamic company structures, pivot analyses, heat maps and other types of visualization and analyses to help you understand your results in seconds.
Get as clever with data as you like
Customize alerts, do time-series searching, drill down into the financials to see how they’re calculated, create your own variables and classifications, add in your own data, and much more.
Our new, state-of-the-art interface delivers new and enhanced navigation and visualization tools.