M&A research from Bureau van Dijk was featured in a cover story by Fortune Italy that identified investment trends in Italy for 2018.
The main points of the article focus on how Italian companies, including startups, are increasing their operations abroad—while businesses within the country are seeing less investment than previous years. Fortune Italy compares these findings with a decline in capital and continued difficulties for the Italian labour market.
Key findings from the M&A report
- Companies based in France were the main acquirors of Italian targets by value followed by the US
- Deal value was down 2% year-on-year, from €47.514 billion in 2017 to €46.675 billion in 2018
- 38% of total deal value for 2018 came from France's Essilor International acquiring a 62% stake in Luxottica Group for €17.826 billion
- Deal volume increased, however, from 627 deals in 2017 to 830 in 2018
Download Bureau van Dijk's Italy M&A review 2018
Fortune Italy is a monthly Italian-language magazine launched in 2018 and distributed in Italy, Switzerland and Monte Carlo. It includes feature stories from the US edition of Fortune as well as original content.
You might be interested in
- The Global M&A report for Q1 2019
- Register for a free trial of M&A Catalyst
- Register for a free trial of Zephyr: comprehensive deal data with integrated, detailed company information