Data from Orbis, the world’s most powerful comparable data resource on private companies, helped Fortune Italy identify 8 individuals as Businessperson of the Year.
- Fabrizio Palermo, Cassa Depositi e Prestiti (CDP)
- Carlo Messina, Intesa Sanpaolo
- Francesco Starace, Enel
- Giovanni Ferrero, Ferrero
- Nicoletta Luppi, Merck Sharp & Dohme (MSD) Italy
- Silvia Candiani, Microsoft Italy
- Miuccia Prada, Prada
- Davide Dattoli, Talent Garden
In the first stage of its assessment, Fortune Italy used Orbis to evaluate companies that have performed the best in the past 3 years, focusing on 8 key sectors:
Secondly, the publication narrowed down companies using its own set of criteria:
- Propensity for innovation
And then selected individual candidates based on personal qualities including:
- Strategic vision
Fortune Italy notes that it calibrated their judgment for gender equality.